Komani schools hit by ‘food poisoning’

Komani schools children were rushed to nearby clinics and later to Frontier Hospital after they ate items they bought from street vendors outside their schools. The problem started with Dlelweni Public Primary School on Thursday where more than 54 children were rushed to Lizo Ngcana Clinic. The children were complaining about itchiness and dizziness. While the community and parents were attending to the Dlelweni school kids, John Noah High School suffered the similar problem. John Noah children were complaining about stomach aches and itchiness. The kids said they bought ice that had a white powder inside, chocolate, sweets and chips.

On Friday morning, Mpendulo Public Primary School encountered the problem where at least 11 kids showed the same symptoms of itchiness and also high temperature that resulted to them taking off heir uniforms.

The Rep has learnt through reliable sources that children in Lesseyton were also rushed to their nearest clinic after they also showed similar symptoms.

At the moment, all foreign nationals’ shops in Nomzamo are currently closed.

The department of Health confirmed that there has been no fatalities at the moment.


This is a developing story.


Leave a Reply