THE new investigation into KwaKomani Comprehensive School by a private firm, commissioned by the provincial education department, has been finalised with a report to be tabled before acting superintendent general Siza Netshilaphala.
The Rep reported (“School under investigation,” July 22) that the latest investigation would look into the operations of the school.
Speaking to The Rep at the time Komani education department district director Nkosinathi Godlo said the earlier reports on the investigations by the department internal risk management unit and provincial legislature portfolio committee on education would not be made public until this investigation was finished.
“All other investigations and outcomes will cede to this one and there will be a consolidated final report.” Issues to be investigated were governance, infrastructure provision, and a look at what resources were available at the school as it was a comprehensive school with technical subjects.
He said the investigation, which would also look into issues of staffing, was not targeting any particular person.
He encouraged staff members to give support to the investigators. Godlo said the outcome of the investigation would inform acting superintendent general (SG) Siza Netshilaphala on required intervention.
Responding to queries from The Rep on Tuesday morning, Godlo confirmed the investigation had been finalised. “The Rapid Response team sent to KwaKomani by the provincial office has finished its work at the school. They have looked at everything and will advise the SG. We are just waiting for them to table the report to the SG with its recommendations.”