WINTER is here and with it comes frosty mornings and icy evenings when what you really hanker after is a mug of hot, strong coffee.
To help ward off the winter chills, enter the Winter Warmers Coffee Competition and stand a chance to win one of our heart-warming prizes.
Three winners (one from each of our Community Newspaper titles) will be randomly chosen each week to win a 250g bag of coffee from Cutman & Hawk.
All correct entries, including weekly winners, will also be eligible to win the grand prize of a R500 product hamper from Cutman & Hawk Freshly Roasted Coffee and a barista’s course valued at R490.
For full details visit the website applicable to your residential area:
- goexpress.co.za (East London & King Williams Town)
- talkofthetown.co.za (Port Alfred & Grahamstown)
- therep.co.za (Komani & Fort Beaufort)
Answers to the weekly questions can be found on
Question for week 5 (Valid Friday July 20, 2018)
What is the name for the light, reddish-brown forth found on the top of an espresso?
(Visit www.elcoffee.co.za to find the answer).
- Entries open on Thursday 14 June 2018 (GO! & Express | Talk of the Town) and Friday 15 June 2018 (The Rep) and close on Thursday 12 July 2018 (GO! & Express | Talk of the Town) and Friday 13 July 2018 (The Rep).
- Entries must be submitted to the e-mail address relevant to your residential area
- Valid entries must include the following:
- Subject: Winter Warmer Coffee Compo
- Body of e-mail:
- Your full name
- Residential town/city
- Contact phone number for our office use only
- Answer to the weekly question
WEEKLY QUESTION & ANSWER
- Questions will change every Thursday for GO! & Express and Talk of the Town and every Friday for The Rep
- You need not wait for all 5 weeks to be completed before submitting your entry
- You can enter weekly
- The questions will be posted on the following websites
- Answers can be found at elcoffee.co.za
- There will be 3x weekly winners from each Tiso Blackstar Group Community Newspaper title (TBG) who will each win a 250g bag of coffee from Cutman & Hawk
- The Grand prize will consist of a Cutman & Hawk product hamper valued at R500 plus free attendance at a barista course on 17th September 2018 valued at R490. The course will be held in East London. The prize will be drawn from amongst all the correct entries received across the 3 TBG titles.
- Employees and immediate family members of Tiso Blackstar Group, Tiso Blackstar Community Newspapers and Cutman & Hawk Coffee (EL Coffee Company) are not permitted to enter.
- Multiple entries are welcome subject to them meeting the same criteria as mentioned herein.
- Entrants may only win one weekly prize, but will still stand in line to win the grand prize.
- Should there be any discrepancy, the TBG titles and Cutman & Hawk reserve the right to either withhold any/all prizes and/or randomly select a winner. Entries judged as winners remain at the discretion of the TBG titles and Cutman & Hawk
- No late entries will be considered
- Entrants and winners in particular agree to have their photograph taken. This, and their name, may be used in the TBG titles newspaper media platforms including but not limited to the print editions, Facebook Pages, Facebook Group Pages and their websites as well on / in those associated with Cutman & Hawk Coffee
- Winners will be contacted before publication via e-mail or phone.
- Prizes not collected by Friday 20 July 2018 will be forfeited and thereafter awarded to another winner.