A GRADE 10 KwaKomani Comprehensive School pupil awaiting trial on a charge of robbery and who was subsequently expelled, has returned to school after intervention by the education provincial and district offices.
The Rep reported (“Pupil awaiting trial expelled’” June 3) that Sinako Cingo, 18, said he was afraid of failing as he had missed three weeks of school while in custody.
Cingo said he had been to the district office six times and once to the provincial office with no change in his situation. His mother, Queeny , said she wanted her son back at school as he was her only hope of a better life.
Principal Victor Pakade, speaking to The Rep at the time, said the school did not expel pupils on things happening in the township and that he did not have the power to expel pupils.
This week district director Nkosinathi Godlo confirmed the pupil had since returned to school.
“We have dealt with that matter, the child is back at school now. I can confirm the pupil was told to leave the school due to the problems he had including being arrested. His parent will help us deal with the problems going forward,” Godlo said.
Cingo’s mother could not be reached for comment as her phone kept going to voicemail.