Man dies in blaze failing to find keys of Ezibeleni house

0
126

A FOREIGN national residing in Ezibeleni died in a blaze last Saturday as he allegedly reportedly did not know could not find where he had put the keys when the house caught fire.

Makabongwe Dlwengu, who alerted The Rep to the incident, said he received a call from a friend that the house was on fire. He said there was no water in the taps which had hampered neighbours’ efforts to extinguish the blaze.
Neighbour Aphiwe Fani, who was first on the scene, said he had seen that the house was burning after he heard a noise.

DEVASTATION: Makabongwe Dlwengu stands in front of the house in which a man died on Saturday Picture: ZOLILE MENZELWA
DEVASTATION: Makabongwe Dlwengu stands in front of the house in which a man died on Saturday Picture: ZOLILE MENZELWA

He saw the man trying to extinguish the blaze. “I asked him where the key was and he said he did not know. He took his beer can and sat on the bed and waited for the fire to come. When the fire got too much, we moved away from the house.”
Police spokesman Captain Namhla Mdleleni and the Chris Hani District Municipality had not responded at the time of going to press.

Leave a Reply