EASTERN Cape Premier Phumulo Masualle has announced changes to the EC Provincial Government Executive Council.
See his statement, just released, below:
Following the September 2017 African National Congress Eastern Cape Provincial Elective Conference, new Provincial Office Bearers were elected to serve in the Eastern Cape ANC Provincial Executive Committee (PEC).
Pursuant to this new political discourse, it became necessary to review the Provincial Government Executive Council (EXCO) and facilitate the deployment of some members of the new provincial leadership to serve in the Provincial Government Cabinet.
This decision should allow for a smooth transition as the current 5th Administration winds down its term and prepares for a handing over to the incoming 6th Administration, ahead of the 2019 National and Provincial Elections.
Changes to the Eastern Cape Provincial Government Executive Council (EXCO) are as follows:
• Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEA) & Provincial Treasury, Mr Lubabalo
• Health, Ms Helen Sauls August
• Human Settlements, Mr Mlungisi Mvoko
• Public Works, Ms Pemmy Majodina
• Rural Development and Agrarian Reform, Mr Xolile Edmund Nqatha
• Social Development, Dr Pumza Dyantyi
• Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture (DSRAC), Ms Bulelwa Tunyiswa
I wish to thank the outgoing members of the Provincial Executive Council (EXCO) for their loyalty and dedication to the people of the Eastern Cape, and I wish them well in their future endeavors.
I further welcome and wish the new members of the Provincial Executive Council (EXCO) well in their new responsibilities.